Monday, September 22, 2008

Ben's New Moves


Ben turned 9 months on Sept. 19th and I can't believe the changes in the last month with my baby boy! At 8 months he was still doing the army crawl, which he started right at 6 months. That was a fun stage because the girls never did that, so it was funny to watch...and I wasn't sure if he was ever going to master the traditional crawl since he got around so well that way. Well, at about 8 1/2 he started really crawling and has just taken off with it. He is fast too! Right at about that same time he started pulling up...on everything! He loves to practice this new skill. The combination of his new "speed crawling" & pulling up on everything, along with his ability to pick up VERY miniscule objects and immediately put them in his mouth, has been keeping me VERY busy! He is such a sweetie and definitely a momma's boy...separation anxiety started at about 7 months and is really peaking right now. He will do fine with Dave or the grandmas if it's before evening, but anytime after about 5:00 he is only happy with mommy. I know this too shall pass! I'm sure someday soon I will look back and yearn to be the only one he wants, so I am trying to appreciate this stage and remember that it won't last forever! : )

2 comments:

Ma'ie said...

Look at my Prince Charming! With that smile that melts Ma'ie's heart. He's growing so fast. Yes, honey, you will yearn for these days when he looks at you like there is no one else in the world. I just pray that the next woman he looks at that way will be as wonderful as the one his Daddy found.

Jeannie said...

Our boys are just doing to many new things to fast!!!