
I was determined to find one more pumpkin patch to visit before Autumn was over. I know the Fall season officially isn't over until middle of December, but all the pumpkin farms close around Halloween. I still wanted to go to Gentry's but between the hours they were open and our schedule it just didn't work. There were only a few farms still open the weekend after Halloween and one of them we had visited 2 years ago with Bethany & Dave. They happened to be open through Sunday, November 2nd so we decided to drive on out to Lascassas (the middle of nowhere!) on their last day open. God had blessed us with another breathtakingly beautiful day and "The Maize at Milton" was the perfect place to enjoy it. Whereas Walden Farm had been packed, this farm was the complete opposite. There were more employees there than there were visitors, which was perfect for us (maybe not for the farmers though!). We went through the huge corn maize, went on a lovely hayride (no line!) and the girls played in the hay tunnel. It's a beautiful, peaceful place and I felt that if for no other reason they were open that day as a gift to me from God...because He knew my heart's desire was to enjoy the beauty of the Autumn splendor that He created, with my family.



No comments:
Post a Comment