Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Tale of Two Pumpkin Patches, Part I



I'm SO behind on my blogging! I realized that I HAD to catch up before Thanksgiving because after that we are right into Christmas, and it would be weird to blog about pumpkin patches in December. I'm also having some technical problems with blogging on our Mac OS X. I use the Mac for downloading our photos because I like editing them in IPhoto, but the Mac browser (Safari) is seriously starting to annoy me. It doesn't operate well with Blogger so I can't blog or upload my photos from my Mac to Blogger, which is really frustrating. I think I need to download Firefox, but Safari won't let me! AHHH! If you don't have a Mac I know this makes NO sense, but if you do and you have any tips for me on how to fix this I would really appreciate them!

Okay, back to the blog. : ) Fall is truly my favorite time of the year. I just love love love it. It is also a very busy time of year. It seems the weekends are always packed with soccer games, birthday parties, etc. It is not Fall if we have not visited the pumpkin patch and I literally schedule time on the calendar so that we don't miss this tradition. We usually go to Gentry's Farm every year...in fact David & I started going there when we engaged and have gone every year...except for this year. I am sad now that we didn't go this year. We went to two different pumpkin patches this year and Gentry's was not one of them. The main reason was that Sydney's kindergarten class went there on their field trip (I was supposed to chaperone but was sick as a dog so I couldn't go) so I thought it would be better to go to a different farm that she had not already been to this year. I should have just stuck with the tried & true Gentry's, but I have learned my lesson. So, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon (October 19) we headed out to Walden Farm in Nolensville. It truly is a really neat farm, but the word has gotten out about this farm and it was crazy crowded. I think everyone in Nashville decided to go there that day since it was such a gorgeous day. The kids loved played in the corn maize, petted baby pigs & cows and had a good time...but the line was so long that we didn't get to do the hayride which was a major disappointment for Avery...and we didn't get all the great photo ops. that I had in mind. We have some GREAT pictures at Gentry's from years past. *sigh* Obviously I left feeling dissatisfied with our 2008 pumpkin patch experience. Of course I tend to feel a let-down in general after I've been hyping up something in my mind...it hardly ever lives up to my expectations. I don't like that about myself, but it's the way I've always been. I'm a "C" on the DISC if you know what that means so that might explain it. : )

No comments: