Friday, August 22, 2008

Tea Time







Today I took Sydney to "Lillie Belle's" for tea. This was such a special treat for both of us! This was the first time just she and I had been somewhere "fancy" together. It seemed like the perfect place to celebrate her last day before officially starting Kindergarten on Monday. Sydney ordered her very own strawberry hot tea, which she loved. They also brought her a water with lemon in an iced tea goblet. She was so impressed by being treated like such a big girl and that everything was made out of glass and not plastic. haha! She loved the square glass salt & pepper shakers on the table and noticed right away that they were square rather than round. That made them "fancier" to her. She really took everything in and I could tell she thought it was so special to be all dressed up and for it to just be the two of us. There were lots of older ladies there and they all thought Sydney was the prettiest thing, of course. : ) I could tell from the way they looked at us that they were saying with their eyes, "Treasure this time...because it will go by so fast." During our lunch I really had to fight back the tears because sitting there across from her it just hit me how grown up she is. I still can't believe my first baby is almost 6 and starting Kindergarten! Of course just when I thought the tears would start flowing she'd say something silly and lighten things up like, "If Avery & Benjo were here they'd knock over the flowers and Avery would lick the salt and pepper shaker and Ben would try to dump the water all over the floor. Yes, we should not bring them here until they are 5!" : ) After eating our yummy lunch Sydney devoured a piece of coconut cream pie (sophisticated tastes already!) and then we went upstairs to look around at the "Bride Room". Lillie Belle's has many weddings there and this is the room where the brides get ready. It was so beautiful and Sydney loved posing for pictures. Taking pictures of her sitting on the white bed I thought, "blink and she will be grown up and I'll be taking pictures of her on her wedding day".





2 comments:

b said...

i'm getting teary-eyed myself! what a special memory for the both of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathleen, I found your blog through Bethany's! I love the title!! Reading this entry made me get quite teary. I'm already amazed at how quickly times is passing, and my baby is almost 9 months old...thanks for this reminder to cherish each moment and to make time for special ones too! Check out our blog sometime too!