Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snow Day!





On Thursday we got an unexpected accumulation of snow (definitely more than a few flurries) and because of that Sydney did not have school on Friday. I was excited for her because she just needed some down time at home. We have a busy weekend so it was nice to just not have any plans! She got to sleep in, then we played in the snow and came in and drank hot cocoa, she got to go to the new Kroger by our house with Ma (and push one of those cute little kid carts by herself) and we did our "What God Wants for Christmas" advent together. Oh and we made cookies too. It was a fun day. Avery enjoyed having Sydney at home to play with and Avery was much more excited about the snow than she was last year. Last snow she stayed out for 5 minutes I think and then wanted inside. This is actually Ben's 2nd snow. The first was on my birthday, March 8. We have pictures of him bundled up in a snowsuit. This time he would not permit a hat on his head, so don't think I'm being negligent...he was just NOT having it. With the sun shining it actually wasn't that cold anyway and the snow melted rapidly after mid-morning. It was pretty and I hope we get a few more snows this winter, although I wish people in TN knew how to drive in inclement weather...it took Dave almost 2 1/2 hours to get home from work on Thursday!

No comments: